Saturday, February 6, 2010

Bmi Scale Chart How Accurate Are BMI Charts?

How accurate are BMI charts? - bmi scale chart

I am 17 years old. I do a lot of muscles, because I too taekwondo. I used to go to a military-style boarding school. I have about 100 push-ups per day. My doctor says I'm in an acceptable weight. However, the BMI ranges online tells me I'm fat. Since I have a lot of muscles, ie, I am overweight ... by the muscles, not fat?

Also a friend of mine who has on the wrestling team at school, many muscles. No fat. However, the BMI scale online are obese. What do you think? I hope my doctor? or with what the scales mean BMI online?

5 comments:

lala Muah! said...

I think it was because of my size, maximum weight is quite high! for someone my size. not included in the muscle and leanness made

Bob G said...

BMI was developed to people who are sedentary force that illustrates the risk of higher weight. BMI can not be used to determine the health risks of a person diagnosed at regular intervals.

If you are 100% sedentary and do not have a BMI of 30, then the probability of dying from heart disease or Type 2 diabetes is very high.
If you train 4-7 hours per week and have a BMI of 30, this is not the case.

Nate said...

They only answered your own question. As a fighter, I know BMI may be slightly inaccurate. I am not knowledgeable on this subject, but I think that the BMI is only a list with only very loosely on the height, weight gained. Can anyone know of someone who is involved in athletics or does something that could change their weight differs from a normal person can not be judged on this scale. I think that BMI a quick way to find out whether you are generally the right direction, so that normal people go.

chipz96 said...

You should go by what your doctor said, because despite the size of the body mass index is correct, I do not know what some of you weigh, what forms exist throughout the body including the muscles. And if you spread the muscles and of course the extent of body mass index, the award is to tell you weigh

Jim P said...

People, the muscles are often high BMI because of muscle mass. So do not worry about your BMI is high. It's great because they are muscular, not because you are overweight.

Post a Comment